Our Nanny Services
Our Agency offers several options to suit your families needs. Choosing the right Nanny is extremely important yet a difficult process, Helping Hands Caregiver & Nanny Agency makes this process easier. Whether you need a Nanny for just a few hours a day, an entire day or 24 hours a day/7 days a week, we possess the skills and resources necessary to find the best option for you and your family. Providing care for your home and children requires certain personal, social, and physical skills, which we scan each candidate for to make sure they will fit in with your family.
How is this done?
- The needs of your family are assessed.
- Age group, stages of development, and requirements of your children (For example, if your children will require help with homework,we will recommend a Nanny who is comfortable and capable of doing so).
- Assessment of the skills necessary for the tasks you may ask your Nanny to complete
- Identifying the household environment and family dynamics.
- Making the possible Nannies aware of the requirements, needs, environment and family dynamic to give them an idea of what to expect as well as the option to withdraw from the pool if they feel they will not fit in with your family or be able to cater to the families needs.
Specifically related to each Nanny we thoroughly screen for:
- The skills and previous work experience
- Communication skills
- Security and Criminal Reference checks
- Medical and Psychological Testing
Benefits of having a Nanny:
- Your child gets individual attention.
- Your child can be continually stimulated, and learn to interact with a different person.
- Can be a private tutor for your child.
- Have a role model and friend for your child.
- Maximize your time. No rushing in the morning or evening to drop-off/pick-up your kids, make their meals, and help them with homework.
- Your free time can be quality time spent with your children.
- Cheaper than daycare, avoid germs and illness' being passed around at daycare.
- Help with household chores such as cleaning, cooking, laundry etc.
- The best part of all is that all this will be done to your liking, you set the expectations, tasks, and values.
- Live-In Nannies
- Live-Out Nannies
- Nannies from Overseas
- Nannies already in Canada
What your role as an employer is:
- To identify your family's needs and express them to our staff so that we can provide you with the "best-fit".
- To identify your values, and what type of individual you would like taking care of your children.
- Pay the Agency and Recruitment Fees.
- Travel expenses for the Nanny's initial entry to Canada.
- Private Medical Insurance for the Nanny until their OHIP coverage begins (which takes approximately 3 months).
What are the steps to hiring a Nanny:
- Review all our information about the process of hiring a Nanny.
- Apply with Helping Hands Caregivers and receive access to our database of available Nanny's within Canada and Abroad.
- We begin telephone interviews between you and your prospective Nanny's to help facilitate your decision.
- Once you have selected a Nanny from our database, we will process all required documentation, so that the offer of employment can be assessed and the Nanny's Visa can be processed. Keep in mind this may take several months.
- Once their Visa has been approved, we assist you and your Nanny with final documentation, and preparations for your Nanny's arrival.
Please find a list of our Nanny Pricing here.
Get started with your Application and gain access to our database of available Nanny's
Have you made the decision to hire a Nanny?
Fill out our Family Application by clicking below: